Sunday, November 4, 2007

Good Sunday

Today was a good day and it started with an extra hour to sleep in and cuddle in bed. We ate a good breakfast and went for a walk-trot around Liberty Park (Arthur is so nice to accompany me on such "workouts", where it takes us 30 minutes to walk-trot 1.5 miles). Our walk was especially nice because the weather was beautiful today. The sun was warm but the air a bit crisp. And the dead leaves everywhere smelled so good. Perfect for a walk. We then came home and started cleaning the house (which we usually don't have time to do on Saturdays because of soccer-now the season is officially over-sadly, Arthur's boys lost in the final yesterday) and made some good soup before we had to leave to the airport. I just got home and Arthur is probably boarding a plane to LA right now.
It was mostly a good day because I spent it with Arthur. I've been thinking about the fact that he and I only have a few weekends left of just us and to be honest, it makes me a little sad. I feel bad for having such a selfish thought but I think the more general idea behind it is that I'm really starting to realize that things are just going to be so different. Arthur is so reassurring and says that it'll still be us but better. I know he's right, and in all truth, I really can't wait to be a parent with him. We have had a great four and a half years of it being just us and now we're ready to have Astrid.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm jealous that you got an extra hour of sleep. We got to Church an hour early. BUT--it was nice in that once we got there we realized we also had time for a morning walk and so walked over to Fifth Avenue to watch the NY Marathon. It made me think of Sam and I missing you at Boston. Also, we watched it with a woman in her bathroom. She had about three teeth, and every person who went by, she yelled, "go ahead now, go ahead. Do it for Granma." And then she'd yell, "This is pitiful. You got to GO." Nothing like the Harlem portion of the NY Marathon. Maybe you should run it next year. Go ahead.

M said...

I just looked at your countdown. That has gone fast. You are going be a wonderful mom.

Autumn and Barrett said...

You and Arthur are both right. You'll never wish you didn't have Astrid, but you'll be glad you took advantage of the time you had together before she came. You guys are going to be the coolest parents ever.

Missy said...

I remember feeling the same way as you and can I be brutally honest for a second - when I had no idea what I was doing with a newborn I thought, "what have we done?"
Before you know it though, you're thinking "what did we ever do without her?" and life becomes more complete. Incredible.

Jacki said...

The joy of daylight saving time ending does end when you have a kid. They just don't understand about the extra hour of sleep.

Jo said...

Your walk/trot makes me laugh. It makes me think of the time you got shin splints right before the marathon, and the doctor told you you had to ride your bike to train... and you would come home so mad at all the people who got to run places. I'm glad you can still run pregnant!