Wednesday, June 10, 2009

our little garden





We've loved having a garden this summer again because Astrid has actually been able to enjoy it.
There's nothing better than tiny dirt-filled Crocs.
It's been a bit of a challenge to teach her not to tear the leaves off of the plants (she can't quite grasp photosynthesis). When she would tear a leaf, I would cry, pretending to be the plant and would tell her that it was an "owie" for the plant. Now she tears the leaf and cries for the plant and gives it a hug. It's actually kind of cute.

3 comments:

Grammie YaYa said...

That's a good size garden hija! I love the stepping stones so you can walk in it. i miss not having one.

mamis- dile a tu mama que que feas chanclas te puso, pero si te gustan y andas bien con ellas bien :)
te ama tu grammie yaya muchoteee
y te manda muchos besitos y abrazos!

Grammie YaYa said...

Household name?? I think you meant
Household retirement :)

Samantha said...

Jasmine I LOVE LOVE your garden. I have a secret hope to grow such a beautiful garden someday. I want to know what are all of those lovely things you planted in it!

And that is so exciting about your brothers! I know I haven't spent that much time with them, but because I feel like you are my family it makes me feel like they are my family too. haha How exciting for them.