Tuesday, April 27, 2010

for my college friends:

Hey you guys. Don't know if you have this recipe or not (I will be so sad if one of you has had it this whole time)...but I've been dying to have it since the first time I ate at Magelby's Fresh. I looked furiously for a close enough recipe after recently gorging on unlimited french toast at our old place.
This is what I found:

Buttermilk Syrup
1 C buttermilk
1 stick butter
1 C sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Boil the buttermilk, butter and sugar. Whisk in baking soda and vanilla. Serve over warm french toast, pancakes or waffles. Add strawberries and whip cream for the real deal.

Whole Wheat Pancakes
1 1/2 C flour
3 tbs sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 C milk
3 tbs butter, melted
2 eggs

Mix them all together and add some ground flax for extra goodness.

This is what I plan on helping me gain my last few pounds...

3 comments:

Jenica said...

As good as whole wheat pancakes sound I would rather have the recipe for your famous Tres Leches.

Samantha said...

Thanks for posting the recipe of the syrup. Today's kyle's 30th birthday and I'm going to make it for him!

Lore y Cary said...

If that was the syrup I had today.. that was GOOD! we were too busy talking about other things that I didn't have time to tell you how great of a cook you are! :)