Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm scared for tomorrow

Tomorrow Arthur's siblings and I are hiking Mt. Timpanogos as a birthday activity for Arthur's sister Sarah and I'm having serious doubts as to whether I will be able to summit or not. I've done it once before (remember Autumn, when I went with you and Barrett-it was your first date-and everyone had someone to cuddle with at the freezing top except for me) and have had a couple of other failed attempts, which I'm sure tomorrow will be as well. It's a long hike; about 9 miles up and 9 down. Although I've been running a few miles every other day, I don't think it will be sufficient training for 9 miles of uphill. I'm a little bummed because I'd really like to summit. I remember how awesome it felt to be at the top and see the valleys below while the cold air froze my face. I want to be able to sign in on the tattered log in the little shack where people huddle for some warmth.

Who knows, maybe I will make it up. I think of the indigenous women of Peru who do hikes like this everyday-with a kid strapped to their back. Why can't I be as hardcore as them?!

Anyway, wish me luck. I'll need it.

1 comments:

Autumn and Barrett said...

I'm so happy my first date with Barrett was with you too. I really really am - we had so much fun.

Also...I think it's okay to go a little less than all the way when you're baking a bun while you climb. Good for you for going at all, little mama! That's more than I've ever tried to do pregnant. Let us know how it went!