Sunday, August 19, 2007



This is me at 22 weeks. Arthur is the brilliant photographer.

I'm feeling really good--good enought that I was actually able to make it to the top of Timp on Saturday! Arthur was so protective and helpful the whole hike, I don't think I would have been able to make it without him.
All in all the hike was awesome although we got off to a pretty bleak start. We woke up to rain in
the valley, which meant that it was probably pouring at the base of the mountain. I had thought about packing waterproof gear, but it had been so hot that I decided against it. Despite the rain, we geared up and started trekking up the mountain, all 11 of us, me, Arthur, Sarah, her boyfriend Ben, Kristina, Mike, Doug, Scott, Hugh, Meg and Drew.
After about treeline the weather started to clear up and we were able to dry off a bit before pushing up the rest of the way. And then, just as we were summitting we saw a cloud of rain rapidly coming over us. We had to book it up the rest of the way to avoid getting completely soaked although you can see in in the pictures from the summit that we got pretty wet anyway. We waited in the shack until the storm passed over us and then we started our decent, which was, and always is, the worst part of a long mountain climb. I'm still recovering today.
I think it will be at least another four years before I have the energy to do that climb again, but I'm so glad that I made it up.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

you are darling. did i ever tell you you're my hero.

Unknown said...

Jasmine, I have never, ever, in my life, seen pictures from my life without wishing I was more like you. That is true.

Missy said...

I found your blog! This is so, so, so great.

You look even greater. Congrats on the baby girl Jasmine.

Autumn and Barrett said...

Jasmine, you look awesome! I cannot wait to meet that little pea in your pod.

M said...

Oh! You look incredible. We are so excited for you guys!

pf said...

not to brag, but my belly looked bigger after thanksgiving last year.