Sunday, September 2, 2007

This is for you, Paul


Is this belly bigger than yours after last Thanksgiving?

(6 mos)

This is a significant picture because last time I attempted this climb I didn't make it up. I got to the ledge at the very top and just couldn't pull myself over. So for my birthday I told Arthur I wanted to go back and do it. We camped the night before up Little Cottonwood Canyon and in the morning went to "the rock". My first try was just like hte last time. I got to the top and just didn't have the strength to haul myself over. So Arthur went up and found a fairly good hold for me to use, and on my second try, without him pulling me up, I actually lugged my big belly over the ledge, smashing Astrid. But I did it and now I can write to my brother Lex (who is on a mission in Mesa) and tell him how hard core I am (he's an avid climber). He'll be so proud.




7 comments:

Jacki said...

Seriously Jasmine. I want to send a link to your blog to everyone I know so they can look at the pictures of the pregnant lady rock climbing. I think you could just give birth up there and climb down with the baby in one arm. No big deal.

Unknown said...

You are seriously the most hard core person I know. We're the same pregnant and I think it's too much for me to get up and go to the kitchen to get my own glass of water. Also, have you read White Oleander? I haven't either, but the mom names her girl Astrid, after Stegner book, too.

Jasmine said...

I haven't, but cool! Good read?

pf said...

i am flattered have this blog entry dedicated to me. i have to say, the bump is quite impressive, and i'm not sure i can compete anymore. by the way, i am a big fan of this blog.

Kristina said...

I need you guys to take me up to that rock. It looks so fun to rock climb. Let's make a date.
so glad for the photos!

Erin said...

You are my personal hero! I am so impressed. Astrid is going to have one kicka** mom, that is for sure.

Jo said...

wow. i love jazmin. you make pregnant look fun!
also, Rebecca's question, White Oleander. I saw the movie. Had no idea there was a book. I really liked the movie. you know teen-age angst.