Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall fun


Astrid loves climbing up stairs.


We have these awesome squirrels in the tree right in front of our house. They love to chuck walnuts to the ground and Astrid has a hayday playing with them. She has her own little stash.

Astrid loves the noise the walnuts make when she clanks them together.
Today we made two beanies (just made adult ones smaller and with chin straps) for Astrid and played outside with walnuts and crawled around until we got cold. It's definitely fall and I love it, but not as much as I love experiencing it with my girl.
Next week we start our swim class. Astrid was too young when the summer class was going on so we're starting now. I don't know if I've ever known a baby to love the water as much as she does (she's always loved baths and completely ignores you while she's getting washed). By the end of a bath there is practically no water left in her tub. If she didn't love it so much I wouldn't have even thought to put her in a class, but she is fearless and loves to splash water everywhere and is hardly distressed when I pour it over her head. I feel like we need to encourage this obvious love of water. We'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm so glad to see pictures and so sad that she is getting so big without me being around to watch!

Jacki said...

where are you doing the swim class? that sounds fun

Sarah Louise said...

HEY! Did you enter Astrid into the Gap casting call competition? I'm trying to encourage my nieces and nephews' parents to enter them, and, while scoping out the competition, I came across a 0-year-old baby girl named Astrid who (1) is beautiful and (2) does not look unlike the pictures you have of Astrid on your blog.

Tell me, true. Are you going to scoop my blood relatives with your ridiculously beautiful posterity?

Jasmine said...

That's so funny Sarah! Yes, my ex-coworker told me to do it to get the coupon at the end...too bad it's only something like 15% off if I spend $75 or more!
That's the only reason I did it (I posted 2 pics because I am SO indecisive). Love ya :)