Thursday, October 2, 2008

First word

The other night we counted to Astrid, "uno, dos", and she said, "tres"!
I don't really know how she learned it, but now all we can do it reinforce it. It is the cutest thing we've ever heard.
She's also started standing for a few seconds at a time...walking in time for Halloween??? Probably not, but that's okay (although it would be so cute).
She's 9.5 mos and getting her first tooth. So sad. I feel like I'm losing my baby. Arthur says he's losing his "toothless assasin".
As fun as all of these milemarkers are, the time has passed by so quickly and it makes me a bit sad. Why must babies grow up!
On a sadder note, we've been out in Colorado since last Thursday. On Friday my sweet Nona died. It was actually quite a serene, beautiful transition from this life into the next, very much like a birth. I was so happy and grateful to be able to be there and talk to him as he crossed over.


This picture is from an earlier trip this summer. Nona was so cool to the very end.

2 comments:

Susanna said...

Hi Jasmine,
I'm sorry to hear about your Nona. What a priceless picture of him with Astrid. She's adorable. It looks like you did pretty well to introduce her to summer fun. I hope we get to see you one of these times when we come into town. Hi to Arthur.

Lore y Cary said...

Jasmine,
I love the way you express yourself with words , it is almost like I can hear them thru my soul.
I love that little Astrid to pieces. I know what you mean that you are sad cause she is getting older and learning things. Look at me. My first baby is 6'feet and doesn't like to even hug anymore. I would be lucky if he says that he loves me. Teenager. I look at him and I still can see that first tiem I saw his face when the doc put him on top of my belly.
Same thing will happen to you.
It just makes me so happy to know that You and Arthur are enjoying to the max every single moment with that wonderful angel you have. That is the way to do it. Evrythingelse it si not important. Just family,friends, memories. That is what you take with you.
Love ya!